Keeping You Connected

Find out what you can do if you receive a disconnection notice from PGE.

Our goal is to keep everyone connected and have those with past-due bills contact us for help as soon as possible. There are many ways we can help customers get caught up on their past-due bills. We encourage customers to call us at 503-228-6322 to learn about their bill help options or visit our bill payment assistance page. We’re here to work together on a plan.

If you’ve received a notice that your power is going to be disconnected, it’s important that you take action right away. Disconnections are a last resort. We are here to help you.

Here are steps you can take and answers to frequently asked questions.

What should I do?

It’s important that you pay your bill by the date on the notice to avoid disconnection. If you cannot pay your entire balance due, there may be options available for you. You can learn about your payment extension and Time Payment Agreement options by logging into your account or giving us a call at 503-228-6322.

If you need financial assistance, there are agencies that can help. See “What if I need financial assistance?” below.

You can pay in one of several ways. Most post to your account immediately without any additional action from you.

Payment methods that post immediately:

  • By phone using your bank account routing number or debit/credit card by 7 p.m. on the due date

  • On the PGE website using your bank account routing number or debit/credit card by 7 p.m. on the due date

  • On the PGE Mobile App using your bank account routing number or debit/credit card by 7 p.m. on the due date

If you pay in person at Western Union or CheckFreePay locations, you'll need to call Customer Service at 503-228-6322 with a confirmation or receipt number by 7 p.m. on the due date to avoid disconnection.

We get it. Sometimes you just need a little extra time. Request a payment extension online or give us a call at 503-228-6322 to discuss your options.

Oregon Relay: 711 or 800-375-2900 (hearing loss or speech disability)

We understand sometimes it can be difficult to pay your energy bills. If you need financial assistance, a community agency may be able to help you.

We care about your health. If someone in your household relies on electricity for significant health needs, call us at 503-228-6322.

We’ll provide an Emergency Medical Certificate application. You can have a medical professional fill it out and return it to us.

If you’re a residential customer and your power has already been disconnected, we have self-service options available to you. Learn about your payment options, make a payment and initiate your reconnection by logging into your account online. You can also give us a call at 503-228-6322.

If you’re a business customer, please give us a call at 800-822-1077 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.

If you’re calling us, it's best to call before 5 p.m. to get you reconnected the same day.

If you cannot reach an agreement with PGE Customer Service, you may contact Oregon's utility regulator, the Oregon Public Utility Commission (OPUC) at 800-522-2404 or 711 (TDD/TTY).