As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we’re replacing aging underground power lines in the Garden Home area.
These upgrades will boost reliability and reduce the risk of outages for your area, keep pace with the growth in our region and help improve overall system operations.
We began this project in the February 2019, and much of our work is complete. Work will continue through early 2020 on the remaining sections.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated weekend and night work may be required at times.
What can you expect during construction?
You may have already noticed colored paint lines on the ground in your neighborhood. These lines mark the location of underground utilities, and they are the first step in our project. You may have already noticed colored paint lines on the ground in your neighborhood. These lines mark the location of underground utilities, and they are the first step in our project.
To install the new lines, we will be drilling and digging trenches. At times, we may need to park equipment on the street overnight. You may notice us working in multiple areas (shown in the map above) at the same time. After construction is complete, streets and sidewalks in our work areas will be restored.
Important traffic and safety tips
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane or street closures and detours. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for no-parking signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking spaces to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to modernize the energy grid and create a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this project may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.