As we work toward Oregon’s clean energy future, we’re strengthening the energy grid to make it smarter, more efficient and more reliable for you. Among our many projects, we will be upgrading the power lines that connect our Blue Lake and McGill substations.
While we work to complete tree trimming, we are beginning construction to upgrade electrical equipment. In the coming months, you may see multiple crews performing work such as digging, installing foundations, pouring concrete, placing poles, spooling cable and more.
- Spring through late 2020
- 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What can you expect during this work?
You’ll see crews from our contractor working in the areas highlighted on the map.
The new power lines will boost reliability and reduce the risk of outages in your area.
Important traffic and safety tips
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary lane closures and detours. Allow for extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs used to keep drivers, cyclists, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Watch for no-parking signs. To keep pedestrians and vehicles safe, we will reserve street parking spaces to accommodate equipment and create a safety buffer around our work area.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to modernize the energy grid and create a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this construction may affect you, contact us at 503-612-3730.