1. Sweepstakes Description / How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Portland General Electric Company, 121 SW Salmon St., 1WTC0302, Portland, OR 97204 (“PGE”).
How to be entered: You may enter sweepstakes in one of two ways:
PGE residential customers who (i) complete the Energy Makeover Quiz between January 14, 2023 – February 1, 2023.
By Mail: To enter without completing the Energy Makeover Quiz, legibly type or handprint on a postcard the words “PGE Energy Makeover Sweepstakes”, along with your name, address, e-mail address (if you do not have an e-mail address, print “no e-mail address”) and phone number to PGE Energy Makeover Sweepstakes, c/o Fabian Carter, 121 SW Salmon St., 1WTC0407, Portland, OR 97204. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries will be accepted.
Mail-in entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m., PT, February 1, 2023. Only one entry per address will be eligible for PGE customers who enter by mail. Incorrect, partial or late entries will not be accepted. PGE reserves the right to disqualify any person or e-mail address that submits multiple entries. All entries become the exclusive property of PGE and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any submission of robotic, automatic, or programmed entries, or any entries submitted by agencies, other third parties, or through other unapproved methods are void.
2. Sweepstakes period: The sweepstakes runs from 12 a.m., PT, January 14, 2023, until 11:59:59 p.m., PT, February 1, 2023.
3. Winner selection: Ten participants will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted within 10 (ten) business days following February 1, 2023, from all eligible sweepstakes entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail message or by phone, within five (5) business days following the drawing.
4. Requirements of winner: Winners of the PGE Energy Makeover Sweepstakes may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, within ten (10) days after notification. By accepting and/or using prizes, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prizes, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required within the time prescribed, prizes will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account. Sponsors reserve the right to request proof that potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account.
5. Prizes: Ten (10) $25 discount codes to the PGE Marketplace. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and duties are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are 21 years of age or older and are legal residents of the United States residing in the State of Oregon for the duration of the sweepstakes period. To be eligible to win the sweepstakes, participants must be a registered account holder of Portland General Electric’s services during the sweepstakes period.
Employees, officers, directors and agents of PGE, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The winner may choose to give the prize as a gift to another person.
7. General conditions: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. By entering, participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules and by the decision of PGE, which shall be final and binding in all respects. PGE reserves the right to disqualify any person or e-mail address that PGE determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. PGE reserves the right to modify these rules . PGE reserves the right to cancel this sweepstakes at any time without obligation or prior notice. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of PGE, which shall be final.
8. Limitations of liability: PGE and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives of PGE, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible or postage-due entries, notices, releases, forms, affidavits, or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, interruptions or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of PGE that may cause the sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the sweepstakes or arising from the participant’s access to and use of the website PortlandGeneral.com or to the extent permitted by law including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the sweepstakes; (vii) maintenance or repair of the prizes; and (viii) installation or the contractor’s acts or omissions related to it. By accepting the listed prizes, the winner or the winner’s designee hereby releases PGE from all liability described herein.
9. Disputes: Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Oregon.
AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES WHICH CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN PORTLAND, OREGON.
10. Winner announcement: A copy of these rules and/or the name of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope to: PGE Energy Makeover Sweepstakes, Portland General Electric, c/o Fabian Carter, 121 SW Salmon St., 1WTC0407, Portland, OR 97204. Requests must be received no later than March 1, 2023.